Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hanne Kolstö and Love:Fi to Perform at SXSW

Try to follow me here, folks. 


For those of you who may be a bit new to the blog, I used to run this feature called Myspace Music Mondays in which I would profile talented artists who I totally found on myspace.  On January 21, 2008 I profiled a young woman from Norway who I felt had what it took to be the next, oh I don't know, Bjork.  Her name is Hanne Kolstö and she sings with several different groups.

As it just so happens, Hanne and the guys from Love:Fi will be performing at this year's SXSW festival in Austin, TX on March 18.  Now I know that for many of you attending the festival, hearing some little known group from Norway is no big deal, but trust me, you're in for a treat!

There's no word yet on specific times or location, but do yourself a favor and try to discover something new.  Who knows?  You may even get to say "Yeah, I heard them before they got famous" to all your friends a few years from now.  Just a thought....

No comments: