Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, August 20, 2006

(Music) Top 5 Songs of 2006 (That I didn't give proper credit to)

You know those little things at the end of every music review that says "Key Tracks?" Those are tracks on each album that I designate as being the best. However, the flaw in this feature of CITB!!! is that some tracks take a few listens before you (I) can properly assess the greatness of them. That's what this blog entry is about. If you go back in the archive and look at the key tracks, there are a lot of good songs that I just failed to recognize. So without any further hesitation, here are the top 5 songs of 2006 (thus far) that I grossly underestimated.

5. "My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion" - The Flaming Lips

4. "Crosses" - Zero 7

3. "Coughing Colors" - Tilly and the Wall

2. "No Man's Land" - Sufjan Stevens

1. "Punchlines" - Mates of State

They are all great songs that I either hated at first, or simply overlooked when I was making key tracks. Go check 'em out, and if you haven't bought any of these albums yet, well...I hate you.

No comments: