Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Top 31 of 2006: #19


Neko Case: "Fox Confessor Brings the Flood"
Released: March 7, 2006

Are you listening? Good. Listen, we need to talk. Take off your Rabbit Fur Coat and have a seat. Right over there. OK. Now, I understand what you're going for. Patsy Cline was a cool chick back in her day. I might have even compared the two of you before this year. But things have changed. Don't cry. I'm not attacking you. I'm just saying, you don't have to try to be Patsy Cline. Just be yourself. You were a cool girl before this year, but you blew it. Your lyrics were always cool, and a bit quirky. But when you try to be Patsy Cline, you just come off as a bit retarded. It doesn't work. I was all for listening to your first solo-album, but come on! Who are you trying to fool? Besides, Neko Case's album came out two months after yours and just put you to shame. It's okay to quit now and just go back to what you're used to. None of us will care. We love you. That's why I'm talking to you like this. I just want you to realize that we love you, and we always will as long as you never make another solo-album again. At least not like this one. It's just not worth it. Do you understand, Jenny? Good. Now go out there and show us why we love you!

For making me say, "Jenny who?" Neko Case cracks the Top 20 of 2006.

Top 31 Songs of 2006: #19
Cursive - "Into the Fold" from the album Happy Hollow.

No comments: