Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

(Misc.) Happy Fourth of July!

I really wanted to compile a list of the top 5 greatest songs about America in celebration of the holiday for two reasons: it would be patriotic, and I'm crazier about lists than John Cusack. Unfortunately, my ability to find enough quality songs for the list is somewhat evasive at the moment (mostly because I didn't want "God Bless America" in the list). So, well....here's what I came up with.

1. The Decemberists - "16 Military Wives"
2. Sufjan Stevens - "The Tallest Man, The Broadest Shoulders"

So, ok. It's not mutch of a list, I know, but they are good songs and if you haven't heard them, you really should.

Of course, my real reason for posting this is to let all of you know that this Friday will be mostly void of any legitimate postings. The reason for this is that Tuesday July 11th is really the biggest music day of the year. Sufjan Stevens, Thom Yorke, Amy Millan, Muse, and Peaches all have new albums coming out that day and I will be wasting all my free-time preparing for those articles.

So make a note of it, put it on your calendar! July 11th will really be something to celebrate! Until then....

No comments: