Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, July 30, 2006

(Music) July in Review

Well, July has come and gone, and though it was not as impressive as I had originally intended, it was still a pretty cool month. Seriously, any month that can boast a Sufjan Stevens album in conjunction with albums from Muse and Thom Yorke is a pretty special month. Add in the fact that they all came out on the same day, and you're dealing with some serious music mayhem. However, I can honestly say I'm glad that it's out of the way. Reviewing 3 great albums for one day is tough work, to be sure.

Undoubtedly, the winner of album of the month has to go to Thom Yorke, who completely amazed me with his accomplished album, "The Eraser." Surprisingly, Muse has beaten out Sufjan Stevens in my book, which I never would have expected, especially since I hated the album at first. James Figurine's album came out too, and it was also pretty impressive. Though I didn't get to review Pharell or Alien Ant Farm, I can't help but feel somewhat accomplished for the month of July. It was a great month.

That being said, August looks like it's gonna be another long month. The month will see releases from, OutKast, Paris Hilton, Kelis, Cursive, The Roots, Amy Millan, The Zutons, Chad VanGaalen, The Dears, CSS, and Comets on Fire. I'd expect two or three of those to not make it to the ol' blog, but that still leaves a huge chunk of albums to go through.

I suppose I should get started...

July Rankings:
1. Thom Yorke: "The Eraser"
2. Muse: "Black Holes and Revelations"
3. Sufjan Stevens: "The Avalanche"
4. James Figurine: "Mistake Mistake Mistake Mistake"

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: