Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, August 30, 2009

29 in 2009 - The Smiths: "The Queen Is Dead"

The Smiths: The Queen is Dead
Originally Released: June 16, 1986
Genre: Alternative Rock
Rating: 6 out of 10

Not putting a lot of thought into this article. Just writing what comes to my head. You have been warned.

I don't love this album. It's hard for me to say that I even like it. I'm giving it a 6 out of 10 simply because as far as 80s music goes, it's not half bad. But really, when I'm done writing this piece, I'll never listen to it again. It's not really my style of music, and in my opinion, there's not a great piece of music on the thing. It's best song is "The Boy with the Thorn in His Side," and there are a few comparable tracks on there as well. Unfortunately, nothing stands out. Nothing infects me or gets stuck in my head. Everything is pretty much straightforward, and nothing is special.

So this is my biggest complaint with the album. And it's the one thing that I can't get over. Every time a song starts playing, I start to wonder if I'd be better off just skipping ahead to the next song. Even the good ones get boring and repetitive half way through. Morrissey just annoys me after a while.

Is there anything positive for me to say about this album. Probably, but I just can't think of anything overwhelmingly positive about it. It's a "meh" album through and through. Nothing special about it. That's my opinion.

I don't feel like writing any more about it. Goodbye forever, album.

Verdict: Nope

No comments: