Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, October 27, 2006

The Dry Spell (Plus Recommendation!)

It's been ages since I've posted on this here thingamajigger they call a blog. Midterms have been keeping me down, so posting has taken a backseat as I focus on graduating and getting into some sort of teacher's certification program. But, as always, I have news to report and some new music recommendations that you should listen to! So pay attention!

  • Audio Overflow has officially been cancelled as a website. You may see this blog transformed into Audio Overflow, but don't expect a fully-featured website. Nobody was really caring about all that nonsense anyways, so I don't really expect any disappointment.
  • I've been working hard on Butt Nugget and the Silent Cane, and the new album should be released by the end of the year! Click here for more details!

And now for recommendations. These are albums that I've been listening to a lot lately, and I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not doing the same.

  • The Divine Comedy: "Victory for the Comic Muse" - "To Die A Virgin," the lead-off track for this fantastic foray into musical theatricism has been stuck in my head for weeks now, and the rest of the album ain't bad either. Check it out.
  • I'm From Barcelona: "Let Me Introduce You To My Friends" - It's like The Boy Least Likely To meets The Polyphonic Spree. One of the best indie pop albums of the year, and definitely the best album to feature more than 20 people in a band.
  • Tanya Donelly: "This Hungry Life" - A live album that's so good you can't tell it's live! You really need to give this one a listen.
  • Of Montreal: "Hissing Fauna...Are You the Destroyer?" - Normally, I don't advocate pirating music, but Of Montreal's latest album (which will release in January) is one of their best albums yet. It's a near-perfect blend of their new hipster disco sound and their old drug-enduced circus music! If you download it, you'll buy it. It's that good!
  • Sparta: "Threes" - More of the same from what's left of the sane part of At the Drive In, but that's not a bad thing at all. Threes is a great album!

No comments: