Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, April 01, 2006

(Music) Pink: "I'm Not Dead"

Pink's new album "I'm Not Dead" is without a doubt her most accomplished album to date. To be honest, it quite possibly could be the best album to have released thus far in 2006. For serious! This album has it all. In addition to Pink's soulful voice, you also get insightful lyrics, amazing melodies, and top-of-the line production and music.

If you've been watching MTV like I have, you know her first single "Stupid Girls" is funny because it's true, and great because it rocks! But that song doesn't even compare to great songs like "U + Ur Hand" or "Conversations with my 13 year old self." Those songs contain both the heart and soul of Pink, a side we've all grown to embrace over the years. The album also features some great collaborations with the Indigo Girls and even Pink's father, which I thought was a particularly touching moment. In fact, if you are going to listen to a song on the album, make it be that one ("I Have Seen the Rain"). It is beautiful.

The lowest point on the album is a song called "Dear Mr. President" which I'm sure you can all guess isn't thanking President Bush for his tax cuts or Patriot Act. Though I don't agree with the message, it is still a top notch song, much like Stars' "He Lied About Death" or Bright Eyes' "When The President Talks to God." Needless to say, I love this album and it deserves to be listened to by everyone who isn't deaf (because deaf people can't hear). Do yourself a favor and buy it without listening to it. If there's one review you can take me for my word at, it's this one

Key Tracks:

1. Nobody Knows
2. U + Ur Hand
3. Runaway
4. I Have Seen the Rain

2 comments:

Cale said...

APRIL FOOLS!!

Don't buy this crap. Don't listen to this crap. Throw an axe at the TV when it comes on MTV! Avoid it at all costs. Thanks.

abby - the geek girl said...

OMG... ok... I didnt see this before... and I was actually reading it thinking you might be on crack... then I "lol"ed a the comment!! HAHA... oh Cale... you slay me