Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Show Watch: Houston

So, despite the fact that I'm pulling in readers from all across the globe now (including Slovakia), it would appear that my main reader base is still in my hometown of Houston, TX. With that in mind, here's a heads-up to all the readers in the area to shows that you should definitely go check out! Who knows? You may even catch me there! I'll be the freakishly tall redhead. You know what? I'll even let you punch me in the face if you see me. See, I'm not such a bad guy.

  • Eisley @ The Woodlands Pavilion - July 13, 2007: OK, so they're with The Fray and the pavilion has a terrible habit of charging ludicrous prices, but it's Eisley! They're absolutely enchanting live! It may not be the venue of choice, but if you have nothing else to do you might as well, right?
  • The Honorary Title @ Meridian - July 18, 2007: A really underrated band. I've been listening to their debut album for a few years now, and it never really gets old. Neither does the cover art of a panda bear eating a human being. Mmmm...classic.
  • Bishop Allen @ The Proletariat - July 26, 2007: Their album drops around the same time as this show, so this show would be a complement to that release. Not the best band in the world, but talented and worth seeing.
  • Midlake @ Numbers - September 20, 2007: I only recently started getting into Midlake, so you better believe that I'm going to be at this one.

Elsewhere in Texas, look out for My Brightest Diamond and The Wrens this month, and Muse coming in September! I don't get out much, so you'll have to punch someone else in the face in my place. Also, if you're aware of any other shows that should be on this list, please leave a comment with the information. I'm always down for more shows.

No comments: