Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, April 11, 2008

Weekend Recommendations (4/11/08)

Cale's Recommendations

Portishead: Third
Preorder from Amazon | Insound

I just got my promo copy of this in the mail this week, and while I wasn't completely sold on it on my first listen, it's slowly growing on me. It's released April 29th, and I think it's worth mentioning. You should definitely consider picking this one up when it's released.

The Honorary Title: Anything Else but the Truth
Buy from Amazon | Buy from Insound

Dntel: Life Is Full of Possibilities
Buy from Amazon | Buy from Insound

----------------------------------

Erin's Recommendations

Of Montreal: The Sunlandic Twins
Buy from Amazon | Insound

I own 3 albums of Of Montreal and out of those three, The Sunlandic Twins is by far my favorite. I find that a lot of the songs on this album are lighter than on others and I generally like singing these more. Not to mention, “Wraith Pinned To The Mist And Other Games” is so recognizable now from the Outback Commercials, I feel like they could easily win over new fans. I play it all the time for people at work and they start singing the jingle… All this to say, The Sunlandic Twins is my favorite Of Montreal album and my favorite for the week.

Sufjan Stevens: Come On Feel the Illinoise
Buy from Amazon | Buy from Insound

Jaymay: Autumn Fallin'
Buy from Amazon | Buy from Insound


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This playlist looks eerily similar to the playlist that is on loop at the carlton woods tennis and fitness center. Jacksonville, Blue Skies, Wriath Pinned to the...

Erin said...

Anonymous,

You may be correct. However, I don't work at Carlton Woods Tennis and Fitness Center nor am I a member. Apparently (since those are the albums I chose) someone there has the same taste in music as I do as those were my three favorite albums of the week. I listened to several throughout the week and those were the albums I chose. Those songs happen to be some of my favorites from those albums. I wouldn't read into it too much as there was very little behind any of those selections. They're what I listened to last week, and what I liked. Quite simple. Have a nice day.