Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Video of the Week - Week 60

Type something. Delete it. Type something else. Delete it. Third, fourth, fifth time. Delete, delete, delete. I don't normally have such an issue with the Video of the Week.


I would like to be able to find the words to express how much I love this particular Stills song. About how much it tells a story, more or less, that fits into my life in such a perfect way. Only I can't because the words evade me.

I don't know much about The Stills and I know that this album came out a few years ago, but this song has always struck a chord with me. Staring Emily Haines from the band Metric, it's a tale of lost love and the unwillingness that some people have to let it go when they should. I picked it for it's story. I picked it because I love the stapler thing in the video. I picked it because it's dark and moody and believe it or not, I find it bring about a certain sense of calm.

So, The Stills "Love and Death" for a chilly February noontime it is...because some people really do only think about love and death...


No comments: