Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Top 31 of 2006: #15


I"m From Barcelona: "Let Me Introduce My Friends"
Released: June 12, 2006

The Polyphonic Spree sucked! They sucked worse than Mr. Big, and Mr. Big suuuuuuucked. So forgive me for having a little bit of apprehension before listening to I'm From Barcelona. There's over twenty people in this band (I think somewhere around 29 or so) so it's hard to take them seriously when you know that most of them won't do anything besides sing happy songs about Treehouses (which they do). But there's one thing that's absolutely certain about I'm From Barcelona, and that's the fact that they're undeniably irresistible. It's like listening to popcorn pop, then coating all of it in caramel. Let it cool, then eat it. You're eating I'm From Barcelona. How does it taste? Amazing? Yeah, I know. So forget the fact that it's one of those darned import albums. And forget the fact that there's way too many people in this band. If you let those two things hold you back, then you may very well be missing out on one of the coolest albums of the year. At the very least, you'll be missing out on one of the best albums ever made by a band with over twenty people in it. That's a promise. A promise from Cale. The best kind of promise!

For making me smile and want to climb a tree, I'm From Barcelona makes it to #15...that's the top half! Whoo!!!

Top 31 Songs of 2006: #15
The Flaming Lips - "The W.A.N.D." from the album At War with the Mystics.

No comments: