Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Top 31 of 2006: #16


Bonnie "Prince" Billy: "The Letting Go"
Released: September 19, 2006

Come one, come all. Who wants to say it first? Josh? Adams? Jeffers? If you guys actually kept up with this blog then you'd probably be commenting the hell out of this post. So let me go ahead and say it. I really like Bonnie "Prince" Billy's latest album. Like, really! So excuse me for maybe hinting that I thought he sucked. Forgive me for whining every time one of you attempted to play it in the car while I was in the passenger seat. But don't forgive me totally just yet. I'm still holding to the fact that every album before "The Letting Go" is utter crap! Terrible, god awful crap! I don't know this for sure, but saying it accomplishes two things. 1.) It lets me maintain some dignity and helps my opinion remain at a superior level, and 2.) it keeps me from having to stop listening to this one. Because let me tell you, all of you, something. "The Letting Go" is a great album. And trust me, it's the only decent Bonnie "Prince" Billy album there is. The rest of them suck taint.

For keeping me humble, Bonnie "Prince" Billy lands at #16.]

Top 31 Songs of 2006: #16
The Hidden Cameras - "Fee Fie" from the album Awoo.

No comments: