Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Top 31 of 2006: #4


The Decemberists: "The Crane Wife"
Released: October 3, 2006

The Decemberists signed to Capitol Records? Who would've thought? Even more so, who would've guessed that the band whose sound was so anti-mainstream would not only sign with a major record label, but stay true to their sound? I wasn't one of those people. The Decemberists have long had a special place in my heart. They released 3 solid albums in the last couple of years, so I was eagerly anticipating "The Crane Wife." But even all my familiarity with the band couldn't prepare me for the greatness of this album! Find me a bad song on this one. I dare you! Go ahead and try, but you won't be able to find one. There's not even a low point on the album. Straight from the start, the album never lets up. Sure, their appearance on The Colbert Report was extremely underwhelming, but that's to be expected from a Colbert special report. So just forget about that! Forget about what? Exactly! Try buying it. You'll love it!

For being so good that I can't write about how good it is but I struggle and end up just typing a paragraph of nonsense, The Decemberists make it to #4.

Top 31 Songs of 2006: #4
The Flaming Lips - "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah Song" from the album At War with the Mystics.

No comments: