Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Top 31 of 2006: #23


The Pipettes: "We Are the Pipettes"
Released: July 17, 2006

They sing "We are the Pipettes and we have no regrets. If you haven't noticed yet, we're the prettiest girls you've ever met!" and I think, "Oh yeah, I've noticed." And I've been noticing for some time now. I noticed the first time I read about them in Under the Radar Magazine. I noticed when I first got my hand on their album and fell in love with everything about it. And I noticed when "Dirty Mind" started playing on the #1 show in America, Grey's Anatomy. So again, I must repeat myself. Oh yeah, I've noticed. And if The Pipettes still have any doubt about people noticing them, it should be silenced. People are noticing. And people are liking. They have the same kind of sound that Camera Obscura boasts, only poppier, dirtier, and (admittedly) girlier. But what's not to love about 3 hot British chicks dancing around in matching polka-dot dresses and singing about the joys of one night stands? Honestly, I can't think of a thing. Getting a hold of this one will cost you a nice hunk of change, as it's import only, but honestly, you're dumb not to.

For giving me more pleasure audibly than visually (surprisingly), The Pipettes are #23.

Top 31 Songs of 2006: #23
Zero 7- "Futures" from the album The Garden.

No comments: