Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Top 31 of 2006: #25


The Killers: "Sam's Town"
Released: October 3, 2006

I was On Top of the world before my Bones broke. I called up my Uncle Johnny to see if he could offer any sort of remedy. He said, "We'll go to Sam's Town. I know a guy named Andy who's got some good stuff. Don't worry. Everything Will Be Alright." He came over and helped me into the passenger seat of his car. We drove off. For Reasons Unknown, I felt save with Johnny. He was never really high up on My List of of favorite people. But tonight was different. An hour into the trip he began to tell me a story. "When You Were Young," he said, "Somebody Told Me you could Read My Mind. I knew this girl named Jenny, you see? Jenny was a Friend of Mine, and everyday I would count down the time until I got to see her next. Then one day I thought to myself, Why Do I Keep Counting? And you were there, and you answered my question for me. You said, 'Because you're Mr. Brightside!' You were right. Can you still read minds?" I looked at him, perplexed. He started laughing, and I cracked a smile. "C'mon," he said, "Smile like you mean it!" "Let's just get to Sam's Town," I said. "There's a Midnight Show I'm going to see tonight with Natalie." "Are you sure she's gonna be down for going with a cripple like yourself?" he asked. "Believe me, Natalie is better than that," I replied. "She's not after Bling and she's not into my high status because of All These Things That I've Done. She's just cool." He didn't believe me. "Just wait. You'll meet her one day. She'll Change Your Mind." We arrived in Sam's Town a few minutes later and we met up with Andy. He gave me some magical elixir that was supposed to heal my bones. Five minutes passed, and I was shocked to see that everything was back to normal. "Andy, You're a Star!" I exclaimed. And I went on my way...

For embedding catchy songs into my mind and having them weave throughout my every thought, The Killers make it to #25 on my Top 31 Albums of 2006.

Top 31 Songs of 2006: #25
Hellogoodbye - "Baby, It's a Fact" from the album Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs!

No comments: