Music Blogs - Blogged Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Top 31 of 2006: #20


Belle and Sebastian: "The Life Pursuit"
Released: February 7, 2006

Say what you will about Belle and Sebastian. "They're gay!" "Their music is dumb!" "I'd rather smash my head into a brick wall than listen to Belle and Sebastian!" I don't care about you or what you think! Do you have your own blog that gets at least 3 regular visitors? Hell no! And the reason for that is pretty crystal clear from where I'm sitting. It's because your opinions aren't valid! So shut the hell up! "The Life Pursuit" is the first Belle and Sebastian album I've ever bought and/or listened to in its entirety. And guess what? It's awesome! If cinnamon toast had a distinctive sound, it would sound like Belle and Sebastian. It's all sweet and innocent and you just want to eat it all up! So yeah, their music may be kinda gay and maybe a little dumb, but a song like "White Collar Boy" or "Sukie in the Graveyard" is irresistible. Admit it! You love Belle and Sebastian! You want to receive Belle and Sebastian's seed! It's okay. Everyone else wants to do the same thing, and they won't admit it either. So go ahead and hang out with your loser friends who are "too cool" to admit that they like Belle and Sebastian! If that's your thing, that's your thing. Me? I'm gonna be over here by myself smiling, laughing, dancing, and snapping my effing fingers! And I'm cool with that! Get over yourself! Belle and Sebastian is the balls!

For making me all defensive and undeniably cute at the same time, Belle and Sebastian make it to #20.

Top 31 Songs of 2006: #20
I'm From Barcelona - "Treehouse" from the album Let Me Introduce You to My Friends.

No comments: